What are Tooth Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement treatment option. They are used to treat minor to severe tooth loss in patients who have suffered from dental injury or disease.
Implants traditionally come in three parts, including a titanium implant post, an abutment, and a dental crown. The implant procedure takes about 3-5 dental appointments to complete, including the initial consultation.
Why Choose Dental Implants
Dental implants are one of the most versatile tooth replacement treatment options available today. A single dental implant in Oakbrook Terrace from our dental office can permanently restore beauty and function to your smile after you’ve lost a tooth. Dental implants are also great for patients with multiple missing teeth and extensive oral health issues, like periodontitis.
Dental implants are highly effective and reliable. They have a high success rate, can last a lifetime, and preserve jaw bone density. Additionally, unlike other tooth replacement options, they don’t move around unexpectedly or require special cleaning.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Benefits of dental implants include everything from easy everyday care, to the permanence of the restoration. Other benefits include:
- Implants help prevent various oral health issues that can result after tooth loss. These include tooth shifting, bite misalignment, jaw bone loss, problems chewing or speaking, etc.
- Implants help prevent facial sagging.
- Implants are designed to perform just like natural teeth. This means they’re highly durable and can last for your entire life.
- Implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth.
- Dental implants don’t require special cleaning or adhesives to keep them in place, like dentures.
- There are no food restrictions when you receive dental implants.
- The implant procedure doesn’t require other teeth to be filed or altered.
- Implants restore beauty and function to your smile and they’re practically indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Dental implants can help prevent TMJ disorders.
- No special care is required to keep dental implants in good condition.
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of dental implants, contact us at Smile Big Dental Specialists.
Types of Dental Implants
There are several different types of dental implants, including:
To find out which type of implant is best for you, our oral surgeons in Oakbrook Terrace will work to understand your smile goals. We’ll also perform a thorough dental exam to get a complete picture of your current oral health before suggesting treatment options.
Dental Implant Cost – Oakbrook Terrace
The cost of dental implants will always vary depending on the extent of the procedure. For example, 1-2 implants will inevitably cost less than full new rows of teeth. The type of implant(s) you choose will also affect cost.
To find out more about dental implant pricing from Smile Big Dental Specialists, contact us to schedule a consultation.
Are You A Good Candidate for Dental Implants in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois?
Dental implants are a great treatment option for many individuals who have lost their teeth. Good candidates for dental implants often include:
- Individuals with severely damaged teeth that require extraction.
- Individuals who have lost one or more teeth due to injury or decay.
- Individuals who have lost teeth due to advanced gum disease.
Candidates for tooth implants in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois should be in good general health and have a solid jaw bone structure to support the implant(s). Patients should not smoke or use other tobacco products, as this can increase the risk of implant failure.
If a patient doesn’t have enough jaw bone structure to support an implant, they may benefit from a bone graft. This procedure can allow patients with a compromised jaw bone to receive dental implants.
Steps to the Implant Procedure
A dental implant procedure involves at least 3 visits to our practice. Your appointments will be spaced out over several months so your mouth has time to heal after surgery.